Welcome to the TaLC 11 website
The eleventh international Teaching and Language Corpora conference (TaLC 11) will be held at Lancaster University
from Sunday 20th July 2014 to Wednesday 23rd July 2014. The first day, Sunday, is the pre-conference workshop day.
About the conference
The TaLC series of conferences was inaugurated in 1994. For this 20th anniversary event, we are delighted to welcome TaLC back to Lancaster University, the original host institution.
This conference is hosted by the UCREL research centre, which brings together the Department of Linguistics and English Language with the School of Computing and Communications at Lancaster.
We are happy to announce that the following speakers have accepted our invitation to give plenary lectures at TaLC 11:
- Laurence Anthony (Waseda University, Japan)
- Nick Ellis (University of Michigan, USA)
- Agnieszka Leńko-Szymańska (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Paul Thompson (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Yukio Tono (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan)
The following publishers are sponsoring the conference and will be present:
- John Benjamins
- Edinburgh University Press
We gratefully acknowledge their support for the conference.
- 1st October 2013 – first Call for Papers (and for Workshop Proposals)
- 31st October 2013 – abstract submission opens via conference website
6th January 2014 extended to 12th January 2014 – deadline for abstract submission (including pre-conference workshops)
- 24th February 2014 – notification of the outcome of peer review; early bird registration opens
14th April 2014 extended to 20th April2014 – early bird registration closes
- 29th June 2014 – final deadline for registration
- 29th June 2014 – final deadline for cancellation with refund of registration fees
- 20th–21st July 2014 – pre-conference workshop day / main conference begins
Lancaster is also hosting the following events before/after TaLC in July 2014:
Participants in TaLC may also be interested in one or more of these events.