UCREL References and Publications
See UCREL bookshelf.
UCREL publications: forthcoming and in press
This list collects forthcoming publications from UCREL members, sorted by (first) author.
See this archive list for UCREL publications pre-2000, and the main list for more recent publications that are now in print.
For publication lists linked to specific UCREL projects (e.g.
20th century English)
see the UCREL projects page.
- Archer, D., Culpeper, J. and Rayson, P. (forthcoming) Love - a familiar or a devil? An exploration of key domains in Shakespeare’ Comedies and Tragedies. In Archer, D. (ed.) What's in a word-list? Investigating word frequency and keyword extraction. Ashgate.
- Archer, D. and Rayson, P. (forthcoming) Using the UCREL automated semantic analysis system to investigate differing concerns in refugee literature. In M. Deegan, L. Hunyadi, & H. Short (eds.) The Keyword Project: Unlocking Content Through Computational Linguistics. Office for Humanities Communication Publications (18).
- Baker, P. and Gabrielatos, C (forthcoming) 'Fleeing, sneaking, flooding: a corpus analysis of discursive constructions of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK Press 1996-2005)' Journal of English Linguistics.
- Baker, P., Gabrielatos C., Khosravinik, M., Krzyzanowski, M., McEnery, T. and Wodak, R. (forthcoming). A useful methodological synergy? Combining critical discourse analysis and corpus linguistics to examine discourses of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK press. Discourse & Society 19(3).
- Culpeper, J and Kytö, M (forthcoming) '"Good, good indeed, the best that ere I heard": Exploring lexical repetitions in the Corpus of English Dialogues, 1560-1760', in I. Taavitsainen (ed.) TBC.
- Culpeper, J and Kytö, M. (forthcoming) Speech in Writing: Explorations in Early Modern English Dialogues.
- Gabrielatos, C. and Baker, P. (forthcoming). Fleeing, sneaking, flooding: A corpus analysis of discursive constructions of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK Press 1996-2005. Journal of English Linguistics.
- Gacitua, R., Sawyer, P., Rayson, P. (forthcoming). A flexible framework to experiment with ontology learning techniques. In Knowledge-Based Systems journal.
- Hardie, A (in press) A collocation-based approach to Nepali postpositions. In: Corpus Linguistics and Linguistic Theory.
- Hardie, A, McEnery, AM, and Piao, SS (in press) A corpus-based approach to text reuse in the newsbooks of the Commonwealth.
- Hoffmann, S., Berglund, Y., Evert, S., Lee, D., and Smith, N. (forthcoming) Analysing the British National Corpus: a reference manual and practical guide to BNCweb (CQP edition). Peter Lang, Frankfurt.
- Hoover, D., Culpeper, J, Louw, B. and Wynne, M. (forthcoming) Approaches to Corpus Stylistics.
- Leech, G., Hundt, M., Mair, C. and Smith, N. (forthcoming) Change in Contemporary English. Cambridge University Press.
- McEnery, A.M. (forthcoming) Corpora in Linguistics, CUP, Cambridge.
- McEnery, A.M., Lewandowska, B. and Rayson, P. (forthcoming) A Frequency Dictionary of Polish, Routledge, London.
- Mudraya, O., Piao, S.L., Rayson, P., Sharoff, S., Babych, B. and Löfberg, L. (forthcoming). Automatic Extraction of Translation Equivalents of Phrasal and Light Verbs in English and Russian. In Granger, S. and Meunier, F. (eds.) Phraseology : an interdisciplinary perspective. Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- Prentice, S and Hardie, A (forthcoming) Empowerment and disempowerment in the Glencairn uprising: a corpus-based critical analysis of Early Modern English news discourse. Journal of Historical Pragmatics.
- Rayson, P. and Stevenson, M. (forthcoming) Sense and semantic tagging, chapter 27 in Lüdeling, A. and Kytö, M. Corpus Linguistics. An international handbook (Handbooks of Linguistics and Communication Science Series), Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin.
- Wilson, A (forthcoming) "Personality is in the eye of the beholder": a pilot study on shoes and personality and its implications for theories of footwear as a communicative code. To appear in etc: Empirische Text- und Kulturforschung.
- Wilson, A (forthcoming) Barrier and penetration imagery in altered states of consciousness discourse: replicating the five-stage model of Christian mysticism in the Bible. To appear in a volume edited by P. Stalmaszczyk and W. Olesky.
- Wilson, A (forthcoming) Words for women's boots in present-day Polish: a quantitative and contrastive onomasiological study. To appear in Research in Language.
- Xiao, Z. (in press) 'Theory-driven corpus research: using corpora to inform aspect theory. In A. Lüdeling and M. Kyto (eds.) Corpus Linguistics: An International Handbook. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Xiao, Z. (in press) 'Well-known and influential corpora'. In A. Lüdeling and M. Kyto (eds.) Corpus Linguistics: An International Handbook. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
- Xiao, Z. and A. McEnery (in press) 'Negation in Chinese: A corpus-based study'. Journal of Chinese Linguistics.
- Xiao, Z and J. Xu (in press) 'Corpora and language education'. In Applied Linguistics in China Volume 1. Beijing: Foreign Language Education and Research Press.